Sunday, March 29, 2009

Welcome.

I know that you guys have read about my experiences to Ghana and France (and no doubt heard me talk about them) but I decided to create a blog dedicated to my experiences for a few reasons. First, I want to encourage anyone out there who is even remotely interested in studying abroad to seriously consider their possibilities. Second, I want to encourage those interested to study abroad in a place outside of their comfort zone - to avoid western Europe. I had the good fortune to have an opportunity to study abroad in both France and Ghana and I can tell you, hands down, Ghana was more rewarding on practically every level. Third, I want to expose the options students have for financial aid and scholarship opportunities. Studying abroad doesn't have to be as big of a burden as you think!

I want to mention the Benjamin A. Gilman Scholarship (http://www.iie.org//programs/gilman/index.html). Without it, I would never have studied abroad at all, and I might be the same person I was 2 years ago.

As part of a follow-on project for this particular scholarship, I have decided to create this blog. I want anyone to feel free to ask me any questions they like about Ghana, France, or studying abroad in general. Even if I can't answer your questions, I can direct you to someone who can! I studying theatre, political science, french, and literature in these countries so I can also give you insight on those topics.

No comments:

Post a Comment